Looking for a memorable Valentine’s Day, but don’t want to deal with the hassle of making reservations? These 15 Valentine’s Day stay-at-home ideas are fun and easy ways to spread some love to those special people in your life!
Whether you are having a galentine’s day or with a significant other, these are great ideas for everyone to enjoy! PLUS a win-win that a lot of these options are free or they use items that you already have at home.
15 Valentine’s Day at Home Ideas
1. Surf and Turf Dinner: A classic dinner that is always a winner! It is also a great bonding activity to delegate tasks to family members or your significant other so that it feels that it is a masterpiece that you all helped to create. It doesn’t hurt that it also tastes delicious too!
2. Netflix Party: This is a great and FREE feature that has really taken quarantine life to a whole new level! It is a fun way to watch a movie with a group of people while also using the live chat so you can share guesses of how you think the movie will end! 😉
3. Game Night: This option can be done in person or virtual, and almost guarantees that your side will be hurting from laughing so hard! The board game industry is really making a comeback and there are great options ranging from hilarious, truth or dare, or even a fresh take on the classics.
4. Masterclass: This idea also works as a great gift option as well! It is $15/month billed annually and it has a large range of topics that you will never get bored! Great for someone who is looking to try new things or hone their current skill set.
5. Self-Care Spa: There is nothing quite like pampering yourself especially when you can make a whole day of it! From making breakfast in bed to drawing a bubbly bath, take the time to indulge by yourself or spoil someone else!
6. Karaoke: Speaking of a great night of laughs, this is a great family party idea or with a significant other. Youtube has amazing genre playlists that have the lyrics already on screen that make it easy to sing along! You can also make it an American Idol/Lip Sync Battle theme and eliminate someone each round.
7. Indoor Sports: For the sports lover, this is a great idea to setting up your very own bowling or golfing set right in your very own home! You can either buy a set or get creative by building your own mini golf course or bowling set up. Adults can take it up a notch by making a drinking game out of it (i.e. a drink when someone goes over par, etc.)
8. Build a Fort: Might be considered more of a kid option, but it can also be very romantic to snuggle up close with someone under a bunch of blankets! Add some twinkly lights and hot cocoa, and you will be surprised by the level of fun to be had. Also a bonus, if you can attempt to see who can build the fort the highest!
9. Camping in backyard/Fire pit: Another great idea to use all available resources including your own backyard! Whether you are making s’mores or looking up at the stars, it will surely be a night to remember. If you do not have a backyard, you can still fake it by making s’mores on the stove top and cuddling up next to an indoor fireplace!
10. Fondue: Would it be Valentine’s Day without some kind of chocolate goodness? This is an easy way to treat yourself by putting out a variety of fruits, marshmallows, and other goodies to dip into some melted chocolate of your choice! You can get creative with it by adding in other dips such as raspberry, caramel and other fun flavors.
11. Tropical Theme Night: You might not be able to go on a trip this year, so bring the tropics to your very own home! Crank up the heat and put on a bathing suit while you sip margaritas and have a fun taco night. Finish off the night with some dancing to really complete the tropical theme.
12. Practice Mixology: Cocktail making can definitely be an art form, so have some fun by coming up with your own creations! You can get creative by having others pick your ingredients and trying everyone’s different concoction!
13. Scrapbook/Picture Album: Although life events might not be what we imagined over the last year, it is still so important to celebrate and cherish those moments. Get a picture or scrapbook album and have each person pick a page to share some of the moments/events they loved over the past year! Could be a tradition every Valentine’s Day and keep adding more pages!
14. Trivia Night: From board games to Youtube, you can definitely find some fun trivia ideas for a great night in! You can also make the losing team have to do a chore or dare to keep everyone on their toes!
15. Painting Virtual Class: And last but not least, if you are looking for an activity to relax while still having fun then this option is for you! You can now paint and sip online for only $18, and they have both pre-record and live versions available.
*Bonus Option: Since there might be people that have to spend this holiday alone this year, try to share the love by making a care package to drop by friends, family, neighbors! You can stuff the box with all their favorite candies and cards to make them feel extra special.
Hope this list gets the creative juices flowing and sets you all up for an amazing night at home this year! Would love to hear your plans or which option you would like to try in the comments below!