10 Essentials for Overnight Bag
As the South starts to open back up, my husband and I have been itching to take a small, weekend trip to get some Vitamin D and fresh air! There are few things I love more than a relaxing road trip, butttt, I am a notorious overpacker and always seem to bring 10 days worth of clothes for a 2-day stay— anyone relate??
So after a few times of wishing I had packed something when I didn’t, I decided to compile a few must-haves that would give more peace of mind on trips. Of course clothes and makeup are a no-brainer, but for these other 10 essentials items, are must haves for your next trip!
Towel/Blanket- Not only is this a great item to use in the car but also for a picnic or a place to sit during a hike. I love the thin options that make it easy to roll up or lay flat in a suitcase!
Jean Jacket- There were too many times that I forgot how chilly it can get once the summer sun goes down and wish I had brought a jacket! Jean jackets are so versatile and can be worn with anything making it a definite must-have!
Extra Outfit (preferably a dress so less space)- Call me over-prepared, but I like to bring 1 extra change of clothes on trips. You never know when you might get caught in a rain storm or spill something and are thankful you brought that extra dress!
4. Versatile Shoes – Shoes are always the trickiest to pack! My instinct is to pack as many as I can, but eventually decide on one pair that I can wear with various looks (i.e. nude heel or espadrilles)
5. Small crossbody bag- When I pack in a hurry, I forget to bring an extra purse that could be used with a casual or dressed up outfit. This one is important because you don’t want to end up asking your significant other to keep your wallet in their pocket (speaking from experience).
6. Portable Hair Dryer – I love the feeling of coming back after a full day in the sun and getting to wash out all the sand or sweat from my hair! I keep my portable dryer with me in case the hotel one isn’t working or none at Airbnb. Plus it can be more hygienic to use your own!
7. Ibuprofen- Whether it is one too many cocktails or too much sun, I love the ibuprofen packets you can get at the drug store that can easily fit in your clutch or beach bag.
8. Makeup Remover Wipes- Weekend trips are meant to soak up every minute, so who wants to come back late and worry about taking off all your makeup? The clean makeup wipes from Billie are an easy must-have that makes taking off your makeup a breeze.
9. Sunglasses- Not only should you be protecting your skin, but also your eyes! Keep your favorite sunnies with you because you never know when the weather can change for the better.
10. Sunscreen- Let’s keep your skin protected! Avoid sunburn ruining your trip by keeping a small bottle in your bag. Make sure to apply before heading out even on a cloudy day!