Happy Friday lovelies! I wanted take time on this wonderful Friday to share a little bit of fun facts about me, the blog, life and everything in between! I love building a community of authentic relationships and interests, so I hope you enjoy learning a bit about me and can’t wait to learn more about all of you! I am going to try to make Friday intros a more regular thing so that I am constantly staying connected to you all!
Leave a comment below so I can hear some interesting facts about you all as well!!
- I was born near Binghamton, NY but moved to Charlotte, NC when I was 2 and grew up there till I moved to NYC after college!
- I went to NC State University (GO WOLFPACK!) where I majored in Fashion and Textiles Management. I first fell in love with fashion and design in middle school and knew that is what I wanted to pursue in life
- I’m obsessed with the show FRIENDS, and wanted to be just like Rachel Green and work at Ralph Lauren! My dream came true when I landed an internship with Ralph Lauren my Junior year of college, and then a full-time job with them in NYC after I graduated!
- I worked at Ralph Lauren for a few years until I moved and began my work at Victoria’s Secret. Both of them I loved and shared AMAZING experiences at both!
- I started suffering from severe anxiety when I was a senior in college and only amplified when I moved to NYC. I started my baking business (staysweetnyc) as a stress and creative release, but have been so grateful for the growth and relationships I have made in that community over the last couple years!
- I would probably say I like the decorating part of baking than the actual baking LOL
- Although I had my baking page, I always felt that my real sense of creativity and passion came from the fashion and beauty side which motivated me to begin my personal blog journey!
- My goal when I started the Stay Sweet blog was to create a relaxing, southern atmosphere that centered around souther style, clean beauty and drool-worthy recipes
- I love making authentic community and relationships on social media! It is inspiring and motivating to see so many successful women entrepreneurs!
- Since my maiden name is France, it is only natural that I am OBSESSED with all things French! I’ve been to Paris 3 times and fall more in love each time I go!
- My love of all things French shows up in my taste in style, recipes, and that “au natural” beauty look
- I married my best friend this year despite originally having our wedding date postponed due to COVID! I met him when I was 19, and thankful for him every day!
- I am a middle child so I contribute that attitude to my determination and perseverance in my businesses
- Lover of all things feminine and romantic! If it has a bow or ruffle on it, I most likely own it!
- To me, success for my blog would mean that I was able to share my love of fashion with you all and successful create an “aspirational” blog destination
- I’m a major germaphobe so let’s just say I was Lysoling everything way before COVID 😉
- I played basketball from when I was young in middle school all the way to high school
- I am 5’4 so I am borderline for petite fashion, but usually prefer regular sizing
- I got severe skin allergies about 2 years after I moved to NYC. I couldn’t put any makeup, lotion, etc on my face without breaking out in bumps and hives. It was a blessing in disguise because it eventually led me to clean beauty and making healthier choices for my skin
- I’m not a big fan of jewelry but if I do wear something it is either a headband or rings
- Speaking of headbands, some of my favorite designers are Jennifer Behr, Lele Sadoughi, Baublebar
- Some of the other brands i’m loving right now are Sezane, Doen, Reformation, Zimmerman
- I would describe my style as French country with a mix of modern and vintage
- I would definitely say I’m a beach gal over the mountains any day!
- Now that I have moved back South and embracing the warmer weather, I have rekindled my love of dresses and never looking back!
Look forward to connecting with you all!