Looking for organic anti-aging skincare, but you don’t want to break the bank? Great news! This post compiles the Best Organic & Natural Anti-Aging Skincare for under $50! “Organic” or “Natural” can have the connotation of expensive, but there are some great affordable organic skincare options today!
As much as I am in denial, I have hit the age where anti-aging skincare is now the forefront of my mind. If you know my blog, you know that I look for “clean” products wherever possible. Therefore, anti-aging skincare is no different.
I began testing out anti-aging products when I lived in NYC, i.e. retinol creams, and it changed my skin forever (and not in a good way!). After this point, I couldn’t put anything on my skin without having an allergic reaction. I immediately stopped using anti-aging products, and I spent the next several years trying to get my skin back on track.
Through extensive research, I did learn that retinol is actually a BIG no-no for your skin. Retinol, along with many other ingredients, can cause more harm than good. So you are probably thinking, if I can’t use basic anti-aging ingredients, what am I supposed to use??
Glad you asked!
Since I have sensitive skin, there was a time that I thought I would have to settle for premature aging. Luckily, I found some organic & natural anti-aging skincare that actually works! Continue reading to find what causes aging, best natural ingredients to prevent aging, and the best organic & natural skincare brands!
What Causes Premature Aging?
First off, I am not a doctor, but there is a general consensus on areas that can cause aging. Furthermore, some of these areas can be under our control! The following areas include:
- Stress: Whether it is dark circles, grey hairs, or worry lines, stress can take its toll on our bodies. Stress can cause aging because it releases high amounts of cortisol which breaks down collagen and elastin. Although it is a constant struggle, you can work to reduce your stress levels. Take the time to check in with your body and give it the self care it deserves!
- Smoking and Drinking: Unfortunately, some people reduce stress levels by smoking and/or drinking, but this too can cause premature aging. It is well-known that smoking can cause adverse effects, but drinking can also dehydrate the skin and cause wrinkles.
- Sun Damage: Probably the most notorious cause for skin aging is our exposure to UV light. The general rule of thumb is to get 20 mins of sun exposure for daily Vitamin D. However, any more than that can cause burns, sun spots and excessive aging. This is the biggest and easiest area that you can control by wearing SPF every day!
- Daily Diet: As the saying goes, “you are what you eat”, which means it will have an effect on your skin. To better your skin, you can change your daily diet to less inflammatory foods, processed foods and sugars. Also, it is SO important to drink a lot of water. Hydration is key to healthy skin.
- Chemicals/Pollution: This one hits home the most since I didn’t see changes in my skin until I lived in NYC. We are constantly exposed to pollutants, so try to not add more harmful chemicals to your skin through skincare products.
Organic vs. Natural Ingredients
What is the difference between organic and natural ingredients? Essentially, organic has stricter farming standards than “natural” ingredients. Organic must be prepared and grown according to the strict standards of the USDA.
To claim the term “organic,” the product must consist of at least 95% organic ingredients. If it lists “made with organic ingredients,” it must contain at least 70%. (source)
But keep in mind, just because a product has organic ingredients, does not mean it can’t cause harm. For any new products, ease in to them by doing spot tests to gauge for allergic reactions.
For “natural” ingredients, this means that the ingredients are derived from plants, minerals, or animal-by-products. These ingredients are less regulated, so they can be more susceptible to pesticide and chemical exposure.
I once told a dermatologist that I was using “natural” ingredients, so I didn’t know why I was having dermatitis. She jokingly replied, “Even poison ivy is natural”. That really put into perspective that we must listen and react to what works well with own our skin.
Best Organic & Natural Anti-Aging Ingredients
There are many organic & natural ingredients in skincare today, but these are a few that I run into most frequently:
3. Bakuchiol: Another name is “bio-retinol” which is a gentle alternative to retinol.
4. Seed Oils: There is a large variety of seed oils from Rosehip to Papaya. They provide high concentrations of vitamins and enzymes for more even skin.
5. Mushrooms: Some anti-aging products on the market contain mushroom fungus (i.e. snow mushroom) due to its antioxidant properties. The snow mushroom can penetrate the skin deeper than even hyaluronic acid.
6. Witch Hazel: Leaf and bark extract that is antioxidant rich that reduces redness, discoloration, repairs skin and fights bacteria. Also common in natural setting sprays.
7. Aloe: This ingredient is a natural healer that gives deep hydration for smoother skin. It can help repair skin and work to reduce dark spots.
8. Squalane: This is a fatty molecule that maintains moisture barrier and hydration. Plus an antioxidant that has anti-aging properties.
9. Hyaluronic Acid: This is naturally produced by your body, but the amount decreases with age. Its purpose is to keep tissues well moist.
10. Coffee: Caffeine is a great way to depuff and brighten around the eye area!
Best Organic & Natural Anti-Aging Skincare Brands
A “**” indicates Organic ingredients
Koen Organic Skincare
1. Koen Organic Skincare (Bio- Retinol Serum, $42)**: This brand is a newly discovered, and I am obsessed! They have great organic, anti-aging serums. The products are full of bio-retinol (bakuchiol) and other vitamins! I couldn’t believe the reduction in dark circles and fine lines after regularly using these products. A great option for affordable organic skincare. Also, you can use code “LFRANCE” for 15% off your order
2. True Botanicals (Nourishing Cleanser, $48)**: This brand has an extensive skincare line from cleansers to serums. It is great when you can find a one-stop-shop that provides all you need for your anti-aging skincare routine. Their products focus on seed oils and Aloe Vera to provide hydration and reduce fine lines. They do have some pricer options, but all provide a great quality!
3. Juice Beauty (Brightening Age Defy Solutions Kit, $42)**: I first started using Juice Beauty products during my time in NYC. They are the products that gave me hope that I could find anti-aging skincare for sensitive skin. Since this kit provides a cleanser, serum, peel, and two moisturizers, you have a great start to a daily anti-aging skincare routine. Key ingredients include aloe leaf and malic acid (apple juice) for extensive hydration.
4. Tula Skincare (Hydrating Day & Night Cream, $24): Full of probiotics and squalene, this moisturizer is perfect for daily use and anti-aging benefits. Its key hydration delivers firm and smoother looking skin while still remaining a “clean” product. It is great that it is a “travel-size” option, so I can bring it with me wherever I go. It also received 5 stars so I would say it is a win-win.
5. Origins (PLANTSCRIPTION™Anti-Aging Cleanser, $34): I’ve been using Origins products over the last couple of years, and I have not been disappointed. They have great masks, but I also love their cleansers. This cleanser dissolves dirt and impurities while scrubbing away dead skin cells. The key anti-aging ingredient is “Anogeissus”. This ingredient is from a tree bark that has high antioxidant and Fibrillin properties that keeps skin firm.
6. Luminance Skincare (Antioxidant Spray, $24.95): There are many things I love about Luminance Skincare, but the top is that everything is freshly, hand-crafted. The fact that they put care into every item they create is something that should be cherished in a mass-producing world. Not only is it hand-crafted, but their products are also great for anti-aging. Their antioxidant spray is loaded with Vitamin C in order to stimulate collagen production. Use code “STAYSWEET15” for 15% off your order!
7. Maelove (Glow Maker Serum, $27.95): This serum is meant to hydrate and brighten for youthful-looking skin. This serum has the key ingredients: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Ferulic and Hyaluronic Acid. Plus, it is complemented with a blend of other botanical blends. It is a cult-favorite from Victoria’s Secret models to celebrities.
8. 100% Pure (Dark Spot Remover, $48): It is hard to pick just one 100% Pure anti-aging product, but this one gets high praise all-around. This serum reduces hyperpigmentation, scars, and dark spots which are common as we age. It is made with natural skincare ingredients like algae and mushroom extracts.
9. Ursa Major (Golden Hour Recovery Cream, $48): This is a dual-purpose cream since it works as a daily moisturizer and a hydrating night cream. It combats the visible signs of aging through deep hydration and nourishment. This anti-aging cream has a unique set of ingredients from sunflower to black currant. With all of its all-natural ingredients, this one clocks in as a must-have!
Aloe Unique USA
10. Aloe Unique USA (Aloe Ferox Gel, $17.80): As mentioned above, Aloe can play an important role in both organic and natural anti-aging skincare. What sets the brand, Aloe Unique USA, apart is that they have a specific ingredient called “Aloe Ferox”. With Aloe Ferox, it is 20% more potent than Aloe Vera. This means that it can deliver a higher concentration of hydration and nourishment. I have also seen a visible reduction in stubborn dark spots! Use code “15LAFRANCE” for 15% off your order.
Additional Organic & Natural Skincare Products
A few other great miscellaneous, anti-aging products are:
- Gleamin (Vitamin C Clay Mask, $39.99)**: This is a mask that is great for all skin types and draws out tough impurities. Its key ingredient is Kaolin Australian Clay that is mean to detoxify and buff. The other organic ingredients provide for a balanced, healthy glow.
- 100% Pure (Bright Eyes Mask, $7): These are fun to use for your eye area to depuff and hydrate. The eye masks are made with cooling cucumber and natural caffeine to de-puff the eye area.
Even if you use “clean” products, it does not mean you have to settle for poor anti-aging skincare. The skincare brands above are a handful of the many, amazing organic and natural anti-aging brands out there! I hope that this article allows you to find the one that is the best fit for you! If you have any questions, please feel free to list them below.